Kwik Learning CEO Jim Kwik has graced the cover of Entrepreneur magazine for its June 2021 issue, which hit newsstands on May 18.
Kwik starter: In the cover story, the “brain” coach and mental health advocate recalled how he found inspiration to improve his learning habits despite early challenges.
- Kwik shared that several childhood brain injuries left him with difficulty in studying, but when he was in his teens, a friend’s father motivated him to read one book a week.
- He still struggled, but a quote attributed to Albert Einstein, which he found on a mug, later pointed him in the right direction: “We cannot solve our problems with the same level of thinking that created them.”
- “It’s not how smart you are — it’s How are you smart?” Kwik was quoted as saying. “I thought that I was failing school, but in a way, school was failing me.”
- Once he realized that people learned in different ways, he was able to teach himself and others by figuring out what worked for each learner.
- He started teaching other students, those students’ parents, who then recommended him to their friends and colleagues. Kwik eventually turned his memory improvement and speed reading training into a profitable business that now helps individuals and Fortune 500 corporate clients worldwide.
Being on the cover: Kwik expressed his excitement about the cover story via a post last week on Instagram and urged his followers to promote it.
- “It warms my heart to see mainstream media featuring brain fitness, mental health, and lifelong learning in the workplace,” the 47-year-old founder wrote.
- Kwik offered a live masterclass set for later this month as a gift to those who shared the post.