- “Somehow, despite being vaccinated and having tested negative prior to departure twice, testing negative upon arrival, and being really careful during travel, I tested positive for coronavirus during day three of my quarantine,” Lin wrote.
- Lin assured his fans that his case is mild but admitted the situation “hasn’t been a cakewalk and I can’t imagine what it’d be like if I weren’t vaccinated.”
- The former NBA player then urged people to get vaccinated to protect themselves and others from severe COVID-19 cases.
- “For those still unsure, PLEASE PLEASE go and get vaccinated! There are so many people around the world that would love to be vaccinated and it could be the difference between mild symptoms and something a lot worse,” Lin said.
- He also reminded people who have been vaccinated to continue being careful as the “new variants are no joke and your health is so precious.”
Lin, who delivered impressive stats earlier this year for the Santa Cruz Warriors in the NBA G League, announced in June that he is returning to China to play for the Beijing Ducks in the Chinese Basketball Association.