Hot Pot Explodes in Waitress’ Face After Customer Drops Lighter in Soup

Soup at a hot pot restaurant in China exploded all over a table and surrounding patrons as a waitress tried to fish out a lighter a customer dropped in by accident.

Surveillance footage shot at a Haidilao restaurant in Kunming in Yunnan province, shows a waitress attempting to take out the lighter that was dropped into the soup by the customer, according to Newsflare.

 

But the hot pot suddenly bursts out with scalding soup landing on the waitress and some diners sitting near the table. Two people were reportedly injured and rushed to a hospital for treatment.

Haidilao said on Tuesday that the hot pot chain is still investigating the incident.

According to Shanghaiist, Haidilao was founded in 1994 in Sichuan province and has since expanded to more than 190 restaurants in China and around the world in Los Angeles, Singapore, Seoul and Tokyo.

The popular hot pot China is also known for offering free manicures and massages to customers waiting for a table.

NextShark is a leading source covering Asian American News and Asian News including business, culture, entertainment, politics, tech and lifestyle.

For advertising and inquiries: info@nextshark.com