- Ma worked at the Argonaut Hotel for 15 years and had only returned to work in the last few weeks.
- The hotel’s area managing director Stefan Mühle told KTVU that she was the last of her coworkers to go across the crosswalk at Columbus Avenue and Beach Street when she was struck.
- The San Francisco Police Department released surveillance camera footage to CBS and is actively searching for the driver, stating on Twitter that they are looking for the public’s help to locate the vehicle.
- The vehicle is a white Infinity SUV with a California license plate 7MJJ084 and is suspected to have been involved in “auto burglaries in the Fisherman Wharf’s area prior to the hit and run incident.”
- Ma’s son, Brandon, stated that his mother doesn’t remember the events leading up to the incident, including the ambulance arriving. She only remembers waking up at the hospital.
- “I was seeing a doctor stitch her forehead, sitting there trying to hold in tears. I’ve never seen my mom in that situation before,” said Brandon.
- Although her insurance will cover the medical bills, Mühle created a GoFundMe page in support of Ma to “ensure she’s supported throughout this period and she knows how much we care for her.”
- The GoFundMe goal is set to $30,000 and has raised nearly $26,000 as of this writing.
A daily dose of Asian America's essential stories, in under 5 minutes.
Get our collection of Asian America's most essential stories to your inbox daily for free.
Unsure? Check out our Newsletter Archive.