Asian America Daily - in under 5 minutes What's happening in Asian America? Get a daily email to stay informed, educated, and entertained.
An adorable reunion between a young goat and its mother in the Philippines has touched the hearts of many online.
A kid finds its way home: The goat, named Shawarma D. Goat by its rescuer Ken Arceo, was reunited with its herd in the countryside after being separated from them for 24 hours.
- Arceo first posted a video of the reunion on Reddit where it generated over 121,000 “up-votes.”
- He then posted the compilation of clips showing him and his family spending time with the goat on his YouTube channel on Thursday.
- In his caption, Arceo wrote: “Meet Shawarma, a lost kid we found trapped in a pit and reunited with his herd after 24 hours.”
- After getting the goat out of the pit and into safety, Arceo and his family brought it home to watch over it temporarily.
- In the YouTube video, Arceo can be seen petting the little goat and trying to feed it some lettuce.
- He narrated the struggles of babysitting the goat on the original Reddit thread: “It’s sad that every time he cuddles me to sleep last night he tries to suck on my shirt so I have this dropper with milk to think he was actually breastfeeding.”
- Arceo said he looked up information online so he can properly care for the goat for the night.
- “I’ve googled that they are sensitive to cold, best I could give was body heat. I’ve also learned that they are social creatures so sleeping right beside him on the sofa solved the intense crying,” he explained.
- The next day, Arceo guided Shawarma so it could find its herd near their village.
The real G.O.A.T.: Arceo’s video received widespread love from animal lovers on the internet, with many saying they were touched by his efforts in helping Shawarma find its herd.
- “I watched it with the sound off and was like yeah that’s cute. I turned the sound on and watched it again and now I am ugly crying. When he finally hears his mom yell back you feel his sense of excitement and relief!” one Redditor wrote.
- “Thank you for sharing this wonderful story, especially at a time when we all need to see something like this to remind us that there are still some good, decent people in this world. May God bless and keep you and yours,” one YouTube viewer shared.
- Former NBA player Rex Chapman also shared the video on Twitter, giving Shawarma’s story a huge boost.
These ppl found a baby goat trapped in a pit. They took him home & cared for him overnite.
The next day they tried to find the owner but had no luck. While looking – they found a group of goats with the same white fur.
Then this happened.
— Rex Chapman🏇🏼 (@RexChapman) September 10, 2020
- “I saw this video (the shorter clip) on Twitter yesterday and I just broke down in tears. I needed that release. So beautiful. Thank you for helping little Shawarma ♥” a thankful user added.
- According to Arceo, he hoped the video also inspires people to help those in need.
- “Thank you everyone for appreciating this video! I seriously didn’t expect this to be the video for booting up my Youtube channel but I just had to share it with everyone. Hope this inspires you all to help!” he wrote on YouTube.
Feature Image via KD Arceo