- He spent six to seven months in the hospital until around October of last year, but he did not “want to sit there and do nothing.” While he was undergoing chemotherapy, he wrote the ending music of FFXIV’s “Shadowbringers” story, including the song “To the Edge,” according to NME.
- “Seeing all the reactions of the players around the world, it helped me conquer this cancer,” Soken said during his speech.
- Since his cancer is in remission, his doctors allowed him to take part in the fan festival.
- Producer Naoki Yoshida said it was “a tough decision whether to talk about this or not,” but Soken is back and “ready for our next adventure.”
- After finding out about Soken’s battle with cancer, several fans began referring to him as a “hero” and their “warrior of light.”
A daily dose of Asian America's essential stories, in under 5 minutes.
Get our collection of Asian America's most essential stories to your inbox daily for free.
Unsure? Check out our Newsletter Archive.
- A few also commended him for writing such an “epic” song while he was in the hospital, saying the song holds much more meaning to them now.