Musician Clinton Kane robbed at gunpoint during visit to San Francisco
By Ryan General
October 19, 2021
Filipino-Norwegian-Australian musician Clinton Kane was reportedly robbed at gunpoint during a recent trip to San Francisco.
Harrowing incident: On Friday, Kane, a 22-year-old singer-songwriter with a growing following on social media, watched in horror as three assailants allegedly broke into his vehicle parked on Filbert Street in the neighborhood of Cow Hollow, reported KPIX.
- Kane and his friends were eating lunch outside of Rooster & Rice, when he noticed the men stealing his crew’s video recording equipment.
- When they approached their car, the robbers pointed guns at him and his friends.
- Recalling the incident in an Instagram post, Kane later wrote that they ended up on the ground with all of their hands raised.
- In the accompanying video of the aftermath, Kane and his friends can be heard saying: “We almost got f*cking shot, we almost died.”
- Kane said the suspects threatened them to not “try anything” and to “get out of the way,” while keeping the gun aimed at him.
- According to the San Francisco Police Department, the suspects fled in a black 4-door Audi A6.
Valuables lost: The artist, who came to the city to shoot a documentary for an upcoming album, revealed that the robbers were able to flee with over $30,000 worth of camera equipment, along with the footage that they just shot.
- “It was very scary having a gun held to my face for the first time in my life,” Kane said in an interview with ABC7.
- Kane went on to describe the incident as “very weird, very confusing.” He explained that he did not know what was going through his mind at the time.
- “I had so much adrenaline and so much confusion and just so much shock,” he added.
Kane, who is best known for his hit song “I Guess I’m In Love,” has 1.5 million followers on TikTok and has generated over 47 million video views on YouTube.
Featured Image via Clinton Kane
Share this Article
Share this Article