A daily dose of Asian America's essential stories, in under 5 minutes.
Get our collection of Asian America's most essential stories to your inbox daily for free.
Unsure? Check out our Newsletter Archive.
- “BTS (members), who have been spreading hope and positive energy and hope to the world, are expected to enhance the country’s international prestige through their activities in the post-Covid-19 era,” Park said.
- BTS members will reportedly attend major international meetings and join different activities aimed at promoting cooperation in key global issues.
- The group is set to participate in the upcoming 76th UN General Assembly session this September to send “a message of consolation and hope for the youth around the world.”
- BTS first attended a UN session in 2018, when they delivered a speech as part of a UNICEF campaign to promote youth education, training and employment, NextShark reported.
- They also attended the 75th UN General Assembly virtually last year to discuss the struggles faced by future generations due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Their 2020 hit song “Dynamite” also just reached a new milestone after it surpassed one billion streams on Spotify, making them the first and only South Korean act to do so, reported NME.