- The third suspect, Cameron Moody, 27, was arrested in Union City on Friday. The arrest concluded a multi-jurisdictional investigation that was launched in late 2020.
- Robinson allegedly told police after his arrest that the “age of the people [he] was taking things from did not matter as long as they were Asian,” NBC Bay Area reported.
- The third suspect, Cameron Moody, 27, was arrested in Union City on Friday. Their arrest concluded a multi-jurisdictional investigation that was launched in late 2020.
- The crime spree, which included robberies and purse snatching, was committed throughout San Jose, San Pablo, Hayward, East Palo Alto, Newark, San Leandro, Fremont, Campbell, Dublin and Milpitas.
- Evidence collected showed that the defendants targeted the victims based on their race as they “believed that Asian women don’t use banks” and only carried cash, with Robinson allegedly telling police, “Asian people do not use banks, all I’m gonna say.” They also allegedly used derogatory slurs while referring to their targets, SF Gate reported.
- The Santa Clara County District Attorney’s Office charged the suspects with over 70 counts of felony robbery with additional hate crime enhancements. Robinson is being held without bail, while Blank’s bail was set to $500,000. Moody is set to appear in court this week.
A daily dose of Asian America's essential stories, in under 5 minutes.
Get our collection of Asian America's most essential stories to your inbox daily for free.
Unsure? Check out our Newsletter Archive.
- Security footage released by the SJPD showed the suspects snatching a purse from a woman’s car.
- The DA’s office said some of the victims suffered injuries from the incidents as the suspects “pulled or wrestled to the ground” the women.