Police in North Carolina have released video and images of a group of suspects breaking into at least 22 Asian restaurants across the state.
Usual suspect: Police are investigating the break-ins and thefts at five Asian restaurants in Fayetteville — all having occurred since January — and investigators believe that they involve at least one of the same suspects.
- Incidents allegedly involving the same suspect also took place in Fuquay-Varina, Sanford, Jacksonville, Lillington, Angier, Elizabethtown, Onslow, Gastonia, Chadbourn and Angier.
- The most recent thefts occurred on Sept. 17 at Yang Garden on Cliffdale Road and China King on Ramsey Street, Fayetteville Observer reported. Yang Garden was broken into by the same suspect back in March.
- Suspects broke into China #1 on Andrews Road near Ramsey Street and Panda King on McArthur Road on Jan. 30.
Other details: Money was stolen during the break-ins, and investigators believe Yang Garden, China King and China #1 were all broken into by the same individual.
- The suspect is believed to be a man and was seen wearing glasses during multiple break-ins.
- He had an accomplice in eight of the 22 crimes, Fayetteville Police Sgt. Jeremy Glass said.
- The suspect reportedly drove a 1997-2001 silver or tan Toyota Camry.
Witnesses with further information are encouraged to contact Detective K. Valentine at 910-580-3699 or Crimestoppers at 910-483-TIPS (8477). Anonymous tips can be submitted electronically by visiting http://fay-nccrimestoppers.org or by downloading the free “P3 Tips” app.
Featured Image via Fayetteville Police