A Japanese woman featured on a food entertainment YouTube channel has gone viral.
The ramen master: A video of the store manager of Ramen Chonmage in Tenjinbashi-suji 6-chome, Osaka, preparing a bowl of ramen and egg fried rice went viral with nearly 1 million views within only five days of being uploaded.
- The YouTube channel named Mogumogu, which features popular restaurants in Japan, uploaded the video on Dec. 9 with the title, “Beautiful Ramen Master – Japanese Street Food.”
- During the video’s interview of the Japanese woman, she says she was given a share of her favorite ramen place and is currently representing the company by operating the Ramen Chonmage in Osaka.
- “I fell in love with the taste of fried rice and ramen when I went to eat at this restaurant in Kochi,” she said: “By chance, I talked to this ramen restaurant owner. He told me that his goal was to open a restaurant overseas. My dream since I was a little girl has been to work abroad. I could deeply understand the owner’s feelings. Since I am currently living in Osaka, I asked him if he would let me open a store here.”
- The store manager also shared that their specialties include ramen, fried rice and Japanese-style dumplings.
- She admits to experiencing difficulties in running her first business, especially amid the COVID-19 pandemic. “It’s hard to do what I want to do. I wanted to go overseas, but it is difficult to expand overseas now. I want to quickly improve here to do many things,” she said.
Featured Images via MOGUMOGU – Food Entertainment – モグモグ