A daily dose of Asian America's essential stories, in under 5 minutes.
Get our collection of Asian America's most essential stories to your inbox daily for free.
Unsure? Check out our Newsletter Archive.
- The YouTube channel named Mogumogu, which features popular restaurants in Japan, uploaded the video on Dec. 9 with the title, “Beautiful Ramen Master – Japanese Street Food.”
- During the video’s interview of the Japanese woman, she says she was given a share of her favorite ramen place and is currently representing the company by operating the Ramen Chonmage in Osaka.
- “I fell in love with the taste of fried rice and ramen when I went to eat at this restaurant in Kochi,” she said: “By chance, I talked to this ramen restaurant owner. He told me that his goal was to open a restaurant overseas. My dream since I was a little girl has been to work abroad. I could deeply understand the owner’s feelings. Since I am currently living in Osaka, I asked him if he would let me open a store here.”
- The store manager also shared that their specialties include ramen, fried rice and Japanese-style dumplings.
- She admits to experiencing difficulties in running her first business, especially amid the COVID-19 pandemic. “It’s hard to do what I want to do. I wanted to go overseas, but it is difficult to expand overseas now. I want to quickly improve here to do many things,” she said.