A YouTuber living in South Korea recently revealed that she declined an opportunity to appear in the hit Korean series “Squid Game” because of underwear and nipple covers.
- Raye, an American living in South Korea, recounted her story with her Korean husband Jin by her side.
- Around October last year, Raye received a message asking if she wanted to be body painted while wearing just her underwear and nipple covers for a secret project.
- She would be paid $4,500 for three days of work, but she had no idea what the project was.
- “[The message said] we’re looking for a model,” Raye shared. “They are going to be body painted…But the nipple covers and underwear made me really nervous…so knowing nothing about what was going to be filmed, I declined it…I didn’t want to be naked in body paint for some random project.”
- Raye eventually found out that the proposed undertaking was for a scene in the highly successful “Squid Game,” and she now regrets not taking up the offer.
- “But now that I know it was for freaking ‘Squid Game,’ the No. 1 show in the world,” she said. “That would have been so cool to be a part of it! Next time…I’m going to say ‘Yes!'”
- It also occupies one of the top two spots on Netflix in more than 70 other countries and territories.
- The series follows volunteers who fight to the death for the top prize of 45.6 billion won (approximately $38.4 million).
- South Korean actors and models such as Lee Jung-jae, Park Hae-soo, Jung Ho-yeon, Wi Ha-joon and Lee Byung-hyun star in the show.