Legendary genius Albert Einstein is believed to have written a riddle as a young boy called “Einstein’s riddle.”
There are five houses in five different colors in a row. In each house lives a person with a different nationality. The five owners drink a certain type of beverage, smoke a certain brand of cigar, and keep a certain pet. No owners have the same pet, smoke the same brand of cigar, or drink the same beverage.
- The Brit lives in the red house.
- The Swede keeps dogs as pets.
- The Dane drinks tea.
- The green house is on the immediate left of the white house.
- The green house’s owner drinks coffee.
- The owner who smokes Pall Mall rears birds.
- The owner of the yellow house smokes Dunhill.
- The owner living in the center house drinks milk.
- The Norwegian lives in the first house.
- The owner who smokes Blends lives next to the one who keeps cats.
- The owner who keeps the horse lives next to the one who smokes Dunhill.
- The owner who smokes Bluemasters drinks beer.
- The German smokes Prince.
- The Norwegian lives next to the blue house.
- The owner who smokes Blends lives next to the one who drinks water.
The question is: Who owns the fish?
If you give up and must know how it’s done, here’s a YouTube tutorial.