- K-pop rock band Xdinary Heroes released their first EP “Hello, World” today with the title track music video “Test Me.”
- The writing and composition credits for the six-track EP go to each of the group’s six members: Gunil, Jungsu, O.de, Gaon, Junhan and Jooyeon.
- An instrumental version of the title track is also featured on the album.
- It is their first comeback since their debut single “Happy Death Day” in December under JYP Entertainment’s subsidiary label Studio J, which also houses the company’s first rock group, Day 6.
- The group’s name is a shortening of “Extraordinary Heroes” and they aim to convey that anyone can be a hero.
JYP Entertainment rock band Xdinary Heroes dropped their first EP, “Hello, World,” today alongside the music video for the title track “Test Me.”
The EP contains six tracks in total, including an instrumental version of “Test Me.” Other songs featured in the album include “Knock Down,” “Sucker Punch!,” “Strawberry Cake” and “Pirates.” All six of the group’s members — Gunil, Jungsu, O.de, Gaon, Jun han and Joo-yeon — are listed as lyricists and composers on the album.
The sextet discussed their first comeback during a press conference on Wednesday, with member O.de saying the group’s name is short for “Extraordinary Heroes” and that they aim to show that anyone in the world can be a hero per their motto, “We Are All Heroes.”
Leader Gunil said, “We’re rookies and still have a long way to go. But with our new album, we want to solidify our musicality as a rock band with various musical traits and colors, and promote ourselves to those new to us.”
Junhan, who composed “Test Me,” added the song is meant to communicate having the strength and courage to say “no” in a conformist society where things are supposed to be “ordinary.”
Featured Image via JYP Entertainment