- YG Entertainment boy group Winner returns today, July 5, with their latest summer mini album “Holiday” and lead track “I Love U.”
- It is the group’s first comeback as four members since Jinwoo and Seunghoon’s mandatory military enlistments.
- “Holiday” contains five other tracks, with Yoon and Mino being credited on every song and fellow YG labelmates Bang Ye Dam of Treasure and Lee Chanhyuk of Akmu having a hand in the title track “I Love U.”
- Leader Seungyoon and Mino are due next for mandatory military service, so the group will take another break after promotions for this album.
- Winner debuted in 2014 and was formed through the Mnet reality show “WIN: Who Is Next."
YG Entertainment boy quartet Winner makes their long-awaited return today with the mini-album “Holiday” and title track music video “I Love U.”
During a press conference for the album, leader Seungyoon expressed joy at being united as four again: “I’m happy and pleased. Mino and I have worked hard as solo artists, but it feels different to work as a whole group together with other bandmates.”
“As you can feel from the album’s title, this album contains tracks that can comfort and heal you,” Seungyoon added.
This is the group’s first comeback in two years since their third studio album, “Remember,” in April 2020. It is also their first comeback, with members JinWoo and Seunghoon having completed their mandatory military enlistments.
Seungyoon and Mino are next to complete their two-year services. Seungyoon told fans not to be too heartbroken about another hiatus after “Holiday.”
“I take it as the starting point to open the second chapter of WINNER’s career,” he said. “If I say the four members had walked the same path together in the first chapter, the roads would now unfold in four branches. In my head, I pictured ourselves expanding the radius of individual activities that each member can do and creating more synergy when we are together. So I hope fans will not be too sad or disappointed because of this.”
Winner was formed by YG Entertainment in 2013 through the Mnet reality competition show “WIN: Who Is Next.” The band currently consists of Yoon (Seungyoon), Jinu (Jinwoo), Hoony (Seunghoon) and Mino, with former member Taehyun leaving the group in 2016. They debuted in 2014 with the full-length album “2014 S/S.”
Feature Image via:YG Entertainment