A daily dose of Asian America's essential stories, in under 5 minutes.
Get our collection of Asian America's most essential stories to your inbox daily for free.
Unsure? Check out our Newsletter Archive.
- Promotional images showed a plane designed with the fire-type Vulpix on one side and the ice-type Alolan version on the other.
- More images of the characters can be found inside the plane, including the headrest covers, paper cups and aprons used by flight attendants, reported Kotaku.
- Passengers are also given limited edition keepsakes such as postcards and stickers.
- Rokon Jet, which will start flying passengers to and from Hokkaido on Dec. 1, aims to re-ignite tourism in the prefecture, reported the Mainichi.
- It noted that Alolan Vulpix was chosen to promote one of Japan’s snowiest prefectures because the Pokémon considers snowy mountains its home.
- Air Do operates in cooperation with All Nippon Airways, home to the original Pokémon Jets that feature other, more prominent characters.