Legendary horror mangaka Junji Ito voiced a character for the anime adaptation of his “Uzumaki” series that is currently in production.
Merry Christmas🌀 pic.twitter.com/frgwKjDsx7
— UzumakiAnime (@UzumakiAnime1) December 24, 2021
- Uzumaki Anime released the video as a present to fans. “Merry Christmas,” the production team teased. However, they have not revealed which character Ito is voicing.
- The director of its anime adaptation, Hiroshi Nagahama, apologized for the production delay back in June. “I wanted fans who have been waiting for Uzumaki to know that I feel truly apologetic for the delay and ask for your patience just a little more,” he said in a YouTube video uploaded by Adult Swim.
- Nagahama explained that the pandemic affected the anime industry of Japan, but he assured viewers that the anime was coming together. He also gave fans a short teaser of the anime adaptation, which featured main character Kirie Goshima as she introduced her hometown’s “strange events.”
- “Uzumaki,” a black and white anime production, is a bizarre tale that explores a fictional town plagued by a spiral shape curse, driving its citizens mad.
- The adaptation is animated by Drive and co-produced by Adult Swim and Production I.G USA. Musician Colin Stetson, who worked on the 2018 horror film “Hereditary,” will be creating the anime’s soundtrack.
“Uzumaki” is set to premiere on Adult Swim’s Toonami programming block in October 2022.