Nigel Ng, known for his Uncle Roger persona, claims he was assaulted while walking back to his home on Friday.
The London-based Malaysian comedian posted about the incident to his Instagram
stories where he says a “random guy” punched him in the face.
- In the clips, Ng points to his bleeding lip and a small bruise under it.
- “I’m guessing probably Covid racism-related? Which is really, really sh*tty. Good thing he wasn’t a great fighter because it could’ve been a lot worse, I could be in the hospital,” he says.
- Ng explains how the man parked his bike on the street, before coming angrily at him with his fist.
- When the comedian asked the attacker who he was, he replied, “You know what you did,” which baffled him further.
Police Fan: Ng states he filed a police report and worries about his safety walking back to his home, since to him, the “signs pointed to this being a random Covid racism attack.”
- “I didn’t know the guy, and I don’t think he knew who I was either. I think he was just trying to punch an Asian face,” he continues.
- On the bright side, Ng is pleased to find that the officer who took his statement is a fan and knows about Uncle Roger and his infamous egg-fried rice reaction videos.
- He goes on to warn his followers to stay safe and how incidents like these “shouldn’t happen in this day and age.”
- Ng then cracks more jokes about how he had just come from a dentist appointment and was more worried about his tooth getting chipped.
- The comic also complains about how the officers didn’t take their shoes off when they arrived and he would have to vacuum after them later.
- Opting to stay positive, he writes, “Can’t wait to talk about this on stage [going to] turn it into a funny standup bit.”