Police in Washington, D.C., are looking for two women who stole $10,000 worth of Gucci bags from a store in the district’s Chinatown last month.
Caught in the act: Security footage shows the women walking around the store on the 1000 block of I Street NW at about 2:30 p.m. on April 17, reported NBC Washington.
- In the video, one of the women can be seen placing the stolen items into her own H&M paper bag.
- According to police, she used a “cutting instrument to remove the listed property from a locked cable” while the other woman acted as a lookout.
- The pair then left the store with five Gucci bags and drove away in a white Toyota Camry.
Wanted: The Metropolitan Police Department is offering up to $1,000 to anyone with information that could lead to an arrest.
- Police referred to the women as “two persons of interest” involved in a “Theft I incident.”
- As of this writing, there are no further details about the women.
- Informants are asked to call police at (202) 727-9099 or submit any tips to 50411.
Watch the surveillance video below:
Featured Images via Metropolitan Police Department