Thai Man Pulls 32-Foot Long Tapeworm From His Butt After Going to the Bathroom

Thai Man Pulls 32-Foot Long Tapeworm From His Butt After Going to the Bathroom
Bryan Ke
December 13, 2019
A Thai man had the scare of his life when he pulled out a living 10-meter (32-foot) long tapeworm from his backside after defecating.
Kritsada Ratprachoom, a 44-year-old photographer from Thailand, shared the now-viral incident on his Facebook on Dec. 9, according to AsiaOne.
In the post, Ratprachoom showed several pictures of the tapeworm he pulled out right after he defecated.
While speaking to Thai publication Khaosod, the photographer recalled the moment of desperately needing to go to the bathroom.
“I took my child to school and ran some errands when I had to go to the toilet,” he said. “Afterwards, I felt like I wasn’t done, like there was something left. I got up to see what it was and there was something sticking out of my bottom.”
He initially thought the piece sticking out of his butt was probably a thread from the recent appendectomy he had. However, as he was pulling it, he realized something was off and that the “thread” was sticky and stretchy.
But to his horror, it started to slither and move as soon as he put it down. Ratprachoom managed to take a video of the parasite before flushing it down the toilet.
Tapeworm infections are caused by ingesting food or water contaminated by either eggs or larvae of the parasite, according to Mayo Clinic. Getting either a tapeworm egg or larvae can result in different kinds of infections. For instance, when someone gets infected with tapeworm, it can migrate outside the intestine and form larval cysts in body tissues and organs, which is known as invasive infection.
Then, if a person ingests larvae, it could develop into an adult tapeworm in the intestines, which is called intestinal infection.
Intestinal infections are treated with antibiotics, but the treatment for invasive infection may depend on the location and the effects of the infection.
However, serious cases can be potentially fatal if the tapeworms block the intestine or smaller ducts, and if it moves to other parts of the body.
Feature Image via @abs.snake
Share this Article
© 2024 NextShark, Inc. All rights reserved.