Thai magician Patrick Kun’s mesmerizing card tricks left “America’s Got Talent” judges in awe during his audition on Tuesday’s episode.
Close-up magic: Kun, a full-time magician with a significant social media presence, performed multiple sleight of hand tricks right in front of Simon Cowell, Heidi Klum, Sofia Vergara and Howie Mandel.
- The 33-year-old illusionist from Bangkok made cards disappear and reappear, bewildering the judges and audience members.
- He also made cards that were signed by the judges seemingly transport inside of a sealed deck of new cards.
All praises: Impressed with the audition, all the judges sang praises about the magic act and voted “yes,” sending Kun to the next round, reported Gold Derby.
- “There are certain things that can’t be explained, which means it’s magic. People laugh at me for saying that, but I do believe in it,” Cowell said. “And I liked your whole presentation, it was very cool. It was a really, really, really good audition. Well done.”
- Klum could not believe what she saw: “It was incredible. I mean, it was happening right in front of our eyes, like this close. How on earth did you do this? You’re good.”
- Vergara found the act “special” and “mind-blowing.” She added: “You are amazing.”
- Poking fun at Kun’s earlier comments about his wife thinking he loved magic more than her, Mandel said: “First of all, I hope you win because I want you to love your wife [as much as magic]. I want to bring the magic back. Equal at least.”
According to his Amino profile, Kun first became popular with his magic in Bangkok, before moving to the U.S.
Featured Image via America’s Got Talent