Thai magician Patrick Kun’s mesmerizing card tricks left “America’s Got Talent” judges in awe during his audition on Tuesday’s episode.
Close-up magic: Kun, a full-time magician with a significant social media presence, performed multiple sleight of hand tricks right in front of Simon Cowell, Heidi Klum, Sofia Vergara and Howie Mandel.
- The 33-year-old illusionist from Bangkok made cards disappear and reappear, bewildering the judges and audience members.
- He also made cards that were signed by the judges seemingly transport inside of a sealed deck of new cards.
All praises: Impressed with the audition, all the judges sang praises about the magic act and voted “yes,” sending Kun to the next round, reported Gold Derby.
- “There are certain things that can’t be explained, which means it’s magic. People laugh at me for saying that, but I do believe in it,” Cowell said. “And I liked your whole presentation, it was very cool. It was a really, really, really good audition. Well done.”
- Klum could not believe what she saw: “It was incredible. I mean, it was happening right in front of our eyes, like this close. How on earth did you do this? You’re good.”
- Vergara found the act “special” and “mind-blowing.” She added: “You are amazing.”
- Poking fun at Kun’s earlier comments about his wife thinking he loved magic more than her, Mandel said: “First of all, I hope you win because I want you to love your wife [as much as magic]. I want to bring the magic back. Equal at least.”
According to his Amino profile
, Kun first became popular with his magic in Bangkok, before moving to the U.S.