- Nakayoshi, the biggest girls’ comic magazine in Japan, is home to popular titles like “Sailor Moon” and “Cardcaptor Sakura.”
- “Unrivaled-Naomi Tenkaichi” is a sports-oriented science fiction action series to be overseen by Naomi’s sister Mari Osaka and drawn by the talented twin-sister artist duo Futago Kamikita.
- The duo is best known for their manga adaptations of the Pretty Cure franchise.
- The Nakayoshi issue that features “Unrivaled-Naomi Tenkaichi” releases on Dec. 28, according to Anime News Network.
A daily dose of Asian America's essential stories, in under 5 minutes.
Get our collection of Asian America's most essential stories to your inbox daily for free.
Unsure? Check out our Newsletter Archive.
- In Kodansha’s own words, the manga is described in the following text: “’I will fight to protect everyone’s dreams and hopes from darkness!!’ The energetic and cute Naomi, while being supported by her father, mother, and older sister Mari, aims to become the strongest space tennis player in this action story of hot battles unfolding in space!!!”
- Nakayoshi recently announced the new manga on Twitter, which the three-time Grand Slam singles champion herself retweeted.