Chinese Pop Star Gets into an Argument With Her Friend, Accidentally Sets Herself on Fire

A Chinese pop star accidentally set herself on fire at a coffee shop and suffered severe burns on 80% of her body.

Tang Anqi, a member of the Shanghai-based girl group SNH48, was treated for severe burns at Shanghai’s Changhai Hospital on Tuesday evening following the incident.

Anqi, 24, was reportedly involved in a dispute with a female friend on the upper level of a cafe.

Advertisement

According to The Paper, Baoshan District police reported that Tang had lit herself on fire with a lighter at approximately 7:45 p.m. The pop star shouted for help and immediately rushed downstairs as staff quickly responded to put out the flames.

The cafe’s manager said the fire spread quickly on the young woman’s body because she was wearing pantyhose. Tang’s management agency released a statement on their Weibo account revealing that their client was in serious condition having suffered severe burns and was in need of a large amount of blood.

h/t: Shanghaiist
Total
0
Shares
Related Posts