- Tsewang Norbu, a 25-year-old Tibetan singer and former reality show contestant, reportedly died after setting himself on fire in late February.
- While fans have mourned the young star, circumstances surrounding his death remain unclear as Chinese authorities prevent information from spreading online.
- Contrary to Tibetan sources, the Chinese Foreign Ministry reportedly suggested that he is still alive, saying he was taken in for treatment.
- The Ministry also claimed that Norbu has been struggling with mental illness and has attempted to kill himself “multiple times.”
- An exiled close relative of Norbu reportedly reached out to his family members in Tibet, but they told him “it was difficult to get clear information.”
Warning: This article contains references to attempted suicide that some readers may find disturbing.
Circumstances surrounding the alleged death of a beloved Tibetan singer after an act of self-immolation remain shrouded in mystery as Chinese authorities prevent information from spreading online.