- Michigan Judge Alexis Krot apologized for shaming Burhan Chowdhury, a 72-year-old cancer patient, for his overgrown lawn during a Zoom hearing.
- Krot will be reporting herself to a state commission due to her judicial misbehavior that led to online condemnation and a petition to remove her from office.
Michigan Judge Alexis Krot apologized after recently coming under fire for her reaction to a 72-year-old cancer patient’s overgrown lawn.
Krot, who previously threatened Burhan Chowdhury with jail time over the weeds growing in his yard, said that she will be reporting herself to a state commission that examines judicial misbehavior.
- An elderly Asian woman was shoved to the ground for no apparent reason in Oakland’s Chinatown, as seen in surveillance footage.
- Oakland police described the suspect as a 6-foot-tall man in his 30s with a skinny build.
- Oakland’s Chinatown has seen a surge in attacks against Asian Americans amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
An Asian woman in her 70s has become the latest victim of an unprovoked attack in Oakland’s Chinatown on Monday.
The victim, who has not been identified, was walking westbound on 9th Street toward Franklin Street when a man approached her from behind and shoved her, KPIX 5 reported.