- A Chinese mother and father shaved their heads to donate scalp tissue for their infant son after he was badly burned by a burst water heater pipe.
- On the night of July 30, a solar water heater pipe in the family’s home burst. and hot water splashed on the infant.
- The 1-year-old boy sustained burns to 46 percent of his body as well as burn shock and a serious infection.
- The infant was taken to the hospital in a coma and was transferred in mid-August to another hospital for skin implants using donor scalp tissue.
A 1-year-old boy in China has undergone two successful surgeries for his severe burn wounds after his mother and father shaved their heads to donate their scalp tissue.
On July 30, a solar water heater pipe burst in the family’s home at night, and hot water splashed onto the infant, named Kangkang. He suffered burns to 46 percent of his body and sustained burn shock and a serious infection.