Indian Olympic gold medalist Neeraj Chopra recently revealed how he responds when Europeans ask him about a specific facet of his Indian upbringing.
In an interview with the Indian Express, the 24-year-old javelin thrower said people in Europe have asked him if Indians are expected to pay their parents back for raising them after they start earning.
- On Thursday, freestyle skiing superstar Eileen Gu started her college career in California at Stanford University.
- Gu celebrated the occasion by sharing pictures of herself with her mother — a Stanford alum — and her grandmother in an Instagram post.
- Her mother’s relocation to the Bay Area “accidentally created a pro skier” when she passed down her passion for skiing to Eileen and enrolled her in skiing lessons.
- Even though she is one of the sport’s brightest stars, Gu never let her blossoming career get in the way of her academics, attending cram school, scoring a near-perfect 1580 on the SAT and graduating from high school early.
- Gu has championed multiple social justice causes, including speaking out against the Supreme Court decision to overturn Roe v. Wade and opening up about her personal experiences with Asian discrimination.
On Thursday, freestyle skiing superstar Eileen Gu started her college career in California at Stanford University.
Gu, 19, celebrated the occasion on Thursday by sharing pictures of herself in a Stanford shirt with her mother Han Gu, who also attended Stanford as an MBA candidate, and her grandmother on Instagram in a post captioned, “Day one❤️🌲.” She also shared a series of photos showcasing the opening festivities and her dorm room in a post on the Chinese social media platform Weibo on the same day.
- Three-time Olympic medalist in gymnastics Suni Lee posted a photo revealing her new relationship last week.
- In response to a supporter’s video, she wrote that she’d been receiving hate from the Hmong American community.
- “They support me when it’s beneficial for them, never when it comes to my happiness,” she said.
Three-time Olympic medalist Suni Lee went public with her new relationship via Instagram last week.
Lee, now a freshman at Auburn University, poses in the photo alongside her new boo with a caption that includes a single white heart emoji.
Mirai Nagasu, a two-time Olympian and the first American female to land a triple axel in the Olympics, recently proved that she’s still got it in a TikTok of her performing six consecutive double axels.
Nailed it: Nagasu, 28, can be seen performing six consecutive double axels at the Galleria Ice Skating Center in Dallas in the video she posted on Sunday.