- Indie band Japanese Breakfast canceled their Main Street Armory show scheduled for September after learning that the venue in Rochester, New York, was set to host the right-wing ReAwaken America tour on Aug. 12 and 13.
- “We have canceled the event because a number of people reached out letting us know they were boycotting the venue because of the Reawaken America tour,” the band wrote in a Twitter post. “We were told the event was canceled and later learned it was secretly still moving forward.”
- The Main Street Armory was part of the band’s 2022 North American tour, which will be featuring other artists during select shows at other venues such as Florence and the Machine and the Linda Lindas.
- The Rochester event of the ReAwaken America tour was set to feature far-right speakers such as Michael Flynn and Roger Stone.
- In a statement distributed to media outlets on Monday, Main Street Armory owner Scott Donaldson announced the venue’s cancellation of the ReAwaken America Rochester event.
Indie band Japanese Breakfast have canceled their upcoming Main Street Armory show in New York after learning that the venue was set to host the right-wing ReAwaken America tour next month.
In a tweet on Friday, Japanese Breakfast, headed by Korean American musician Michelle Zauner, announced that their Sept. 27 performance has been cancelled after several people informed them that they are boycotting the venue.
- Alternative pop band Japanese Breakfast, led by Korean American singer-songwriter Michelle Zauner, is set to appear as the musical guest on “Saturday Night Live” on Saturday.
- Zauner will be joined by actor Natasha Lyonne, who is set to make her hosting debut.
- On Friday, Zauner is set to appear on “The Tonight Show”’ for an interview with host Jimmy Fallon.
Japanese Breakfast has been announced as the musical guest on the Season 47 finale of “Saturday Night Live.”
Also known as Michelle Zauner, the Korean American singer-songwriter will appear on the May 21 show along with “Orange Is The New Black” star Natasha Lyonne, who is making her hosting debut.