- Jared Eng, 25, pleaded guilty on Friday to murdering his mother in a New York City apartment before disposing of her body in a garbage can in New Jersey in 2019.
- Eng slashed his mother’s throat and brutally beat her in their shared Tribeca apartment on Jan. 31, 2019. With the help of his girlfriends, they disposed of the corpse into a garbage can at a family home in Morristown.
- Eng changed the passwords for Chin’s bank accounts and searched for inheritance lawyers.
- His motive was to speed up his inheritance of $11 million, according to prosecutors.
- Eng faces a minimum of 18 years to life in prison. He was ordered to be held without bail and is scheduled to be sentenced on Oct. 18.
A college student pleaded guilty to murdering his mother in a New York City apartment before disposing of her body in a garbage can in Morristown, New Jersey.
Jared Eng, 25, pleaded guilty to one count of second-degree murder at the Manhattan Supreme Court on Sept. 16 for the murder of his 65-year-old mother, Paula Chin, in 2019.