- The upcoming Netflix anime series, based on the highly polarizing 2020 action RPG “Cyberpunk: 2077,” follows a street kid who becomes a mercenary to survive in the cybernetics-obsessed Night City.
- The video game, while critically acclaimed, was pulled from shelves shortly after its release as it was marred by glitches particularly when played on older hardware.
- The developers of the video game, CD Projekt Red, will be heavily involved in the production of the anime.
- “‘Cyberpunk: Edgerunners’ is our love letter to cyberpunk as a whole, and to stories told in animated form,” said studio head Adam Badowski.
- CD Projekt Red enlisted the talents of acclaimed Japanese animation company Studio Trigger, best known for their work on “Kill la Kill,” to animate the upcoming show.
- “Cyberpunk: Edgerunners” will be released on Netflix in September.
The new trailer for Netflix’s upcoming anime “Cyberpunk: Edgerunners” highlights a beautifully animated Night City in all of its neon-soaked glory.
The upcoming series, based on the highly polarizing 2020 action RPG “Cyberpunk: 2077,” follows a street kid who becomes a mercenary to survive in the cybernetics-obsessed city of the future.