- In a recent report by Henley and Partners, a firm that tracks global wealth, Asian cities accounted for six of the top 20 cities in the world with the most millionaires.
- Tokyo took the No. 2 spot with 304,900 millionaires and 12 billionaires.
- Singapore placed fifth with 249,800 millionaires and 26 billionaires.
- In ninth and 10th place were Beijing and Shanghai, respectively.
- Hong Kong reached 12th place, while the final Asian city on the list was Seoul at No. 16.
- When analyzing the world’s 10 wealthiest countries by private wealth in 2022, China, Japan, and India took up the three top spots after the United States.
Asian cities accounted for six of the top 20 cities with the most millionaires in a recent report.
The report was released by Henley and Partners, a firm that tracks global wealth, last week. Through an analysis of over 150,000 high-net-worth individuals and high-priced homes in cities, the firm was able to assess city wealth. High-net-worth individuals are defined as “individuals with net assets of USD 1 million or more.” The list only considered millionaires who are residents of their respective countries.
In an apparent wake-up call to Asia, the world’s 100 most polluted cities in 2020 all happened to be in the continent, according to the latest annual report by air quality tracker IQAir.
Key findings: India had the highest number of polluted cities on the list, with a total of 46. China had 42 while six were in Pakistan, four in Bangladesh, one in Indonesia and one in Thailand completed the rest of the list.