- Jossi Marchelli, the brother of popular Indonesian actor Acha Septriasa, has been banned from TikTok for posting a video in blackface mocking Halle Bailey, the star of the upcoming live-action adaptation of “The Little Mermaid.”
- The now-deleted video shows Marchelli sitting in front of a TV with his back to the camera. When the film’s trailer shows Bailey onscreen, the man turns around with his darkened face to talk to the camera.
- “Mommy, she looks just like me,” he says in a mocking tone.
- Marchelli’s video gained attention after popular TikToker Aunt Karen, who is known for calling out users of the social media platform, criticized his actions. She also discovered that he used to study at Chicago’s Northwestern University Pritzker School of Law.
- Aunt Karen's most recent TikTok video about Marchelli has garnered over 2.2 million views and 383,000 likes so far.
The man in blackface who posted a TikTok video mocking “The Little Mermaid” star Halle Bailey has been identified as a former law student and the sibling of an Indonesian star with over 3.5 million followers on Instagram.
Jossi Marchelli, the brother of Indonesian actor Acha Septriasa, stirred controversy on TikTok after popular TikToker Aunt Karen shared his video earlier this week.