A daily dose of Asian America's essential stories, in under 5 minutes.
Get our collection of Asian America's most essential stories to your inbox daily for free.
Unsure? Check out our Newsletter Archive.
- “I have to do this for him because I’m able to walk and I want to live out my dreams because the Olympics has been both of our dreams. I’m really living out both of our dreams,” the young gymnast stated.
- She also said she was excited to “go home and give him the gold medal” because “he deserves it as much as I do.”
- She draped the gold medal around her father’s neck who held it up, as the audience members cheered.
- “I never thought I would get one of these. She did it. She brought it home. I’m so proud of her, so surprised, so everything. Good job,” said her dad during their reunion.
- She also placed her second medal around her mom’s neck, who said that seeing her with the gold medal made her happy.
- This follows the Thai Olympian who also presented her gold medal to her father on July 30.