Malaysian Woman Electrocuted While Talking on Her Charging Cell Phone
A woman in Malaysia was pronounced dead after allegedly being electrocuted by a charging cell phone.
Suhana Mohamad, 30, was believed to be talking on her mobile phone that was plugged into an electrical outlet when she was electrocuted in her home in the Malaysian suburb of Cheras. Local police deputy chief Superintendent Abdul Ghani Mohamad Ji informed local media that her husband took her to the University Kebangsaan Malaysia Medical center where she was declared dead last Friday.
Her husband, who is also a police officer with the Malaysian Special Branch Counter-Terrorism unit, was reportedly asleep during the accident. Speaking with the local paper Kosmo, he said the whole incident happened “suddenly” while the phone was charging.
It is uncertain how Mohamed’s husband became aware of her electrocution. Information on the details of the type of phone and wall socket charger have not been disclosed by family members of the victim.
While incidents like these are rare, some suspect that off-brand charging alternatives provided by third-party manufacturers may be the culprit.
Many people might not know this, but despite our large and loyal following which we are immensely grateful for, NextShark is still a small bootstrapped startup that runs on no outside funding or loans.
Everything you see today is built on the backs of warriors who have sacrificed opportunities to help give Asians all over the world a bigger voice.
However, we still face many trials and tribulations in our industry, from figuring out the most sustainable business model for independent media companies to facing the current COVID-19 pandemic decimating advertising revenues across the board.
We hope you consider making a contribution so we can continue to provide you with quality content that informs, educates and inspires the Asian community.
Even a $1 contribution goes a long way. Thank you for everyone’s support. We love you all and can’t appreciate you guys enough.