“Squid Game” may be the No. 1 show on Netflix, but it’s a giant animatronic doll that appeared in the first episode that has kept fans of the K-drama up at night.
“Red light, green light”: It turns out that the creepy doll can be found at a horse carriage museum and park just a few hours outside of Seoul in Chungcheongbok-do, South Korea.
- The “Squid Game” production team reportedly borrowed the doll from the Jincheon Carriage Museum, also known as Macha Land, and gave it back after filming.
- However, in an update on the museum’s website, the robot doll will no longer be displayed at the park, SAYS reported.
- The manufacturer initially handed the doll over to the museum for private storage, but miscommunication led to the doll being displayed for public viewing following the premiere of the drama.
- Macha Land has since wrapped up the doll to be returned into storage.
Viral success: “Squid Game” has generated several TikTok videos and amassed billions of views, with many parodying the games from the show.
@gummigummyGet on my level please 😭✋🏻✋🏻 #squidgame♬ Squid Game – Green Light Red Light – Yovinca Prafika @adriandanosaurMy next few posts are gonna about the swuid game BECAUSE IT WAS SUCH A GOOD SHOW #squidgame #squidgamenetflix♬ Squid Game – Green Light Red Light – Yovinca Prafika
- Replicas of the giant doll have been spotted across the world in places like a Seoul train station and a mall in the Philippines, where people are caught jaywalking.
(To view the pictures, click on the Facebook post to look through the social media platform.)
Better play by the rules because she’s always watching. Will you make it past the first round of Squid Game? 🦑 pic.twitter.com/qvTlHddqsr
— Netflix Philippines (@Netflix_PH) September 22, 2021