“Squid Game” may be the No. 1 show on Netflix, but it’s a giant animatronic doll that appeared in the first episode that has kept fans of the K-drama up at night.
“Red light, green light”: It turns out that the creepy doll can be found at a horse carriage museum and park just a few hours outside of Seoul in Chungcheongbok-do, South Korea.
- The “Squid Game” production team reportedly borrowed the doll from the Jincheon Carriage Museum, also known as Macha Land, and gave it back after filming.
- However, in an update on the museum’s website, the robot doll will no longer be displayed at the park, SAYS reported.
- The manufacturer initially handed the doll over to the museum for private storage, but miscommunication led to the doll being displayed for public viewing following the premiere of the drama.
- Macha Land has since wrapped up the doll to be returned into storage.
Viral success: “Squid Game” has generated several TikTok videos and amassed billions of views, with many parodying the games from the show.
- Replicas of the giant doll have been spotted across the world in places like a Seoul train station and a mall in the Philippines, where people are caught jaywalking.
(To view the pictures, click on the Facebook post to look through the social media platform.)