Warning: SPOILERS AHEAD
A video that replaces lead characters in “Squid Game” with American actors using a face-swapping program has gone viral on YouTube.
A powerhouse cast: The “remake,” which runs for over two minutes and was uploaded by YouTube user 참붕 Chambungg, swaps the Netflix film’s cast with Hollywood stars such as Keanu Reeves, Brad Pitt, Danny Trejo, Dakota Fanning and Zendaya.
- Reeves replaces Lee Jung-jae to become Gi-hun, the main character and winner of the deadly “Squid Game.”
- Pitt replaces Gong Yoo’s character, a “salesman” responsible for recruiting players for the annual game.
- Zendaya replaces Jung Ho-yeon’s character, Sae-byeok, a North Korean refugee who manages to get to the final three.
- Other American actors appearing in the video include Danny Trejo, Josh Hartnett, John Boyega, Gary Oldman and Angela Sarafyan.
- Lee Byung-hun, who plays the “Front Man,” is retained in the video as he is already a Hollywood star, having films such as “Terminator Genisys,” “G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra” and “G.I. Joe: Retaliation” under his belt.
- “OMG. While watching ‘Squid Game,’ I noticed Lee Jung-jae actually looked like Keanu Reeves, and then this happened,” one user wrote. “It’s really funny.”
- Another commented, “Wow, this is really well done. I would believe it if they were the actual actors.”
- “Wow I really enjoyed this, thank you! Zendaya was perfect,” one wrote.
- Another noted, “Some people are saying they shouldn’t do a remake but I like the choice of the cast and will definitely watch it if they do a remake!”
Featured Image via 참붕 Chambungg