A daily dose of Asian America's essential stories, in under 5 minutes.
Get our collection of Asian America's most essential stories to your inbox daily for free.
Unsure? Check out our Newsletter Archive.
- Reeves replaces Lee Jung-jae to become Gi-hun, the main character and winner of the deadly “Squid Game.”
- Pitt replaces Gong Yoo’s character, a “salesman” responsible for recruiting players for the annual game.
- Zendaya replaces Jung Ho-yeon’s character, Sae-byeok, a North Korean refugee who manages to get to the final three.
- Other American actors appearing in the video include Danny Trejo, Josh Hartnett, John Boyega, Gary Oldman and Angela Sarafyan.
- Lee Byung-hun, who plays the “Front Man,” is retained in the video as he is already a Hollywood star, having films such as “Terminator Genisys,” “G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra” and “G.I. Joe: Retaliation” under his belt.
- “OMG. While watching ‘Squid Game,’ I noticed Lee Jung-jae actually looked like Keanu Reeves, and then this happened,” one user wrote. “It’s really funny.”
- Another commented, “Wow, this is really well done. I would believe it if they were the actual actors.”
- “Wow I really enjoyed this, thank you! Zendaya was perfect,” one wrote.
- Another noted, “Some people are saying they shouldn’t do a remake but I like the choice of the cast and will definitely watch it if they do a remake!”