A singing quartet from South Korea got a standing ovation from “America’s Got Talent” judges and audience members after performing their rendition of “All My Life” by K-Ci & JoJo in an episode aired on Tuesday.
Soulful performance: Korean Soul — composed of singers Sooyong Yoon, Young J, Shyun Lee and Jifan Lee — impressed judges Simon Cowell, Heidi Klum, Sofia Vergara and Howie Mandel during their audition in the second week of the show’s 16th season.
- After their song, Mandel asked, “What is it in the Korean culture that makes so many talented people?” He also added, “You guys really check a lot of the boxes that you need to check to make it.”
- Klum also praised the group’s “super silky smooth” performance, saying how they “sounded great.”
- “You have all the talent,” Vergara said, commending how “spectacular” they are.
- Cowell said it was “one of the best auditions” they had that day. “Every lead was great. The harmonies were great. The song choice was great,” he added.
An opportunity for stardom: The group members admitted they were not known in their home country and shared their dream of becoming pop stars before exhibiting their singing prowess.
- Having received a “yes” from all four judges, Korean Soul will continue to the next round in the “AGT” Season 16 competition.
- The gospel group celebrated the airing of their triumphant audition with an Instagram post writing, “Ah! Our audition just aired! Such a dream come true. #AGT Hearing Simon’s commentary was so cool!”
Featured Image via America’s Got Talent