A daily dose of Asian America's essential stories, in under 5 minutes.
Get our collection of Asian America's most essential stories to your inbox daily for free.
Unsure? Check out our Newsletter Archive.
- These new Lenses will help “uplift Snapchatters and encourage them to express themselves and their identities.” Additional Filters, Lenses, and an APIDA Pride Sticker Pack will also be released.
- Snapchat plans on launching “As I Am,” a first-person Snap Original Series about Asian Americans that will “challenge and break down stereotypes, address ongoing discrimination, hate crimes and terrorism, while also shedding light on and celebrating the diverse array of experiences Asian-American people have today.”
- In its statement, Snapchat said it is important to recognize the “long history of violence, racism and discrimination” that members of the APIDA community face.
- Users also believe it is important for brands to step up in voicing their support for the API community amid the rising anti-Asian hate crimes.
- In addition to sharing educational materials, several users also want brands to “donate to support API communities, provide inspiration to celebrate, and partner or host events alongside nonprofit organizations.”
- Brands can continue to take action to support the API community after May by “making public comments,” “running awareness campaigns,” “combating workplace bias” and “facilitating discussions among employees,” according to the users who took the survey.