- The eight-episode series, which was also directed by Choi, features South Korean stars Gong Yoo from “Train to Busan,” Bae Doo-na from “Sense8,” Heo Sung-tae from “Squid Game” and Lee Joon from K-pop boy group MBLAQ.
A daily dose of Asian America's essential stories, in under 5 minutes.
Get our collection of Asian America's most essential stories to your inbox daily for free.
Unsure? Check out our Newsletter Archive.
- The series is set in a distant, dystopian future wherein Earth is suffering from a water shortage. The trailer opens with a clip of a city that appears affected by the drought. A voiceover states, “The average annual rainfall hit another low. The world’s water will be reduced by 40% in the next 10 years.”
- Astrobiologist Song Ji-an, played by Bae, is visited by the chief of Resource Group of Aviation Administration, played by Heo. He recruits Song to join a team of astronauts and scientists to recover an “important sample” from the abandoned Balhae Station on the moon in the hopes of saving Earth.
- In the trailer, the space explorers’ search is interrupted by a bio-signal that threatens their lives. The heroes are forced to fight for their survival while attempting to find out what happened to the station’s previous crew.
- The trailer’s description on YouTube states: “A deadly mission will uncover the darkest secrets of the moon. With a 10% survival rate, will the crew survive? Let the mystery behind the abandoned lunar base unfold.”