- According to Lee, Liu was already in good physical shape and was able to follow the action choreography without much difficulty.
- “I think the biggest challenge for him was his flexibility,” Lee wrote. “It took the team stretching him out 5 times a week for four months to get him to a good place!”
- The video, dated Aug. 8, 2019, showed the 32-year-old actor doing a variety of stretch workouts as he worked on his flexibility.
- In the caption, Lee said the training session was led by stunt performer Alan Tang, with the rest of the training done by the team of action choreographer Brad Allan.
- Lee noted that the star “has come a long way since his first day!” In the end, he urged people to “Go see Shang-Chi while it’s still in theatres to see the results of his hard work!”
- In the video, Liu showcased exceptional skills during a hand-to-hand combat session with a trainer.
- Sharing how he approaches his acting roles, Liu wrote in the caption: “Part of the joy of being an actor is the process of becoming one with a character. Whether it’s jazz piano, tap dancing or beating the living daylights out of people, a performer inhabits the character and fully gives themselves to the transformation process.”