The trailer: The superhero film trailer featured Simu Liu, Michelle Yeoh, Tony Leung Chiu-Wai, Dallas Liu and Awkwafina in a series of action-packed scenes that will premiere only in theaters on Sept. 3.
- There’s also a surprise villain featured in the trailer from “The Incredible Hulk.” Liu appears to be preparing for a fight against Abomination in a cage fight.
- Various other creatures including a dragon and a lion will be making an appearance. Fans originally speculated that the dragon was Fin Fang Foom, but Liu “debunked the rumors” that the dragon will be in the movie, according to Screen Rant.
- He added that “some questionable elements from the source material” will be avoided in order to create a positive representation of Asian culture. Fin Fang Foom is one of the questionable elements.
Liu’s Facebook Post: Liu shared the trailer in a Subtle Asian Traits post (SAT). Fans were “psyched” for the movie and made light-hearted jokes toward Liu for posting in the group.
- One commenter wrote that other MCU actors promote the movie through “very careful PR/manager vetted posts” while Liu “needed to show SAT.” He responded to the comment by saying “my publicist literally hates me.”
- Another user liked that Liu casually posted in the group “like it’s just one of the life achievements other SAT users share with the community like ‘got into med school thanks mom and dad!’ or ‘got accepted after 50 rejections!'”
Twitter Reactions: Other fans raved about the trailer and expressed excitement for the film.
- One user stated that their “excitement level was getting higher” after watching the trailer.
- Another commenter wrote that they were “already 100% hyped for the movie but I guess we can go to 200% after that. WOW!”
- “The fights in the trailer already looked like it’s the best action film in the MCU,” said one of the Twitter fans.
- “Love that Hollywood is finally dipping its feet into Asian martial arts but I hope the fights have minimal CGI,” wrote one user.
Featured Image via Marvel Entertainment