Seven Girls Poisoned After Eating at a Chinese Restaurant in India

What had been a joyful celebration turned disastrous when seven Indian girls found themselves hospitalized after eating at a Chinese restaurant.
The girls, all teenagers, fell sick after consuming Chinese food at a restaurant in Nirmal Nagar, Khar, a suburb of Mumbai. They were celebrating one of their birthdays. Each suffered giddiness and vomiting as soon as they went home.
Vasudeo Ramchandra Jamdade, a police inspector, told The Asian Age:
“We have received complaints from the seven girls’ parents, but the police is yet register a complaint formally since we are still waiting for the results of the stomach-wash samples, which the doctors have sent to the laboratory for testing.”
The girls first ate cake before going to the Chinese restaurant. Jamdade continued:
“The girls had first gone to a cake shop, Cake Piper Shop, where they had the birthday cake. Later, they went to a Chinese restaurant, where they consumed fried rice and a Manchurian dish, along with cold drinks.”
Dr. Ashok Bapu, medical superintendent of VN Desai Hospital, explained:
“All these girls had consumed Chinese food, cake and cold drinks and showed symptoms of food poisoning. We gave them the necessary treatment and they are on saline at present.”
Food poisoning, also known as foodborne illness or disease, is any illness that results from eating contaminated food. It may be caused by bacteria, viruses, molds, toxins, parasites, allergens and other contaminants.
Alleged food poisoning in Chinese restaurants is not entirely new. In December 2015, 100 diners in the UK were hospitalized after eating at a restaurant where rotting meat was left in the sink. Months back, nearly 100 diners, mostly lawyers and law students, at a restaurant in Philadelphia also suffered food poisoning.
Share this Article
Your leading
Asian American
news source
© 2024 NextShark, Inc. All rights reserved.