Season 2 Of ‘Killing Eve’ Is Almost Out — Here Are 15 Reasons Why You Should Binge It RIGHT NOW
If you still haven’t heard of the BBC America hit “Killing Eve,” honestly, where the hell have you been?Sandra Oh made history as the first Asian actress to win two Golden Globes by winning Best Performance by an Actress in a Television Series — Drama for her role as Eve Polastri in this BBC America series and, dare I say, it’s her best work yet.
For those living under a rock, “Killing Eve” is a television series that follows a London-based MI6 operative, Eve Polastri played by Sandra Oh, who has been hired to track down the charismatic, psychopathic assassin, Villanelle, played by Jodie Comer.
According to the BBC, “‘Killing Eve’ is the story of two women, bound by a mutual obsession and one brutal act.” The classic cat-and-mouse game becomes complicated as the two women and their drastically different yet parallel lives become entwined as the chase develops into an intense obsession.
If you haven’t started this brilliantly addictive show yet, season 2 is set to premiere in less than a couple weeks, so here are 15 reasons why you need to start binging this show ASAP.
1. Sandra Oh is a magnificent queen and her performance as Eve Polastri alone makes this show a 10/10.
2. It’s the perfect show for anyone obsessed with true crime or dark humor and fans of another BBC America classic, “Orphan Black.”
3. The series is filmed across several different European countries such as France and Italy and the scenery is absolutely stunning.
4. Phoebe Waller-Bridge, the writer/showrunner/producer behind this masterpiece is a well-known BAFTA-winning English actress, writer, playwright and director known for her work in “Fleabag” and “SOLO.” Honestly, is there anything this woman can’t do?
5. Sandra Oh’s majestic hair. Seriously though, her hair is actually a very important part of the plot.
6. Villanelle – the professional female assassin who Eve is hired to track down – is a terrifying stone-cold killer but it’s impossible not to kind of root for her.
7. No but really, Villanelle is absolutely adorable and at times, almost child-like, even though she’s absolutely capable of killing us all.
8. And her methods of killing are… interesting to say the least.
9. The chemistry and sexual tension between Eve and Villanelle are ON FIRE.
10. The overall casting for the show is one of the best things about “Killing Eve.” Every character, including the supporting roles, are perfectly crafted and portrayed.
11. Although the show is about assassins, it’s actually not too gory.
12. The humor, the complex characters and plot twists make “Killing Eve” completely different from every other spy/assassin show.
13. Eve Polastri is OH so relatable.
14. This is HUGE for Asian American representation and we all need to support our queen, Sandra Oh.
15. This is the perfect time to get caught up since season 2 premieres April 7th! Which means we all have over a week to binge all of season 1. The pilot is available for free on the BBC America website.
Support our Journalism with a Contribution
Many people might not know this, but despite our large and loyal following which we are immensely grateful for, NextShark is still a small bootstrapped startup that runs on no outside funding or loans.
Everything you see today is built on the backs of warriors who have sacrificed opportunities to help give Asians all over the world a bigger voice.
However, we still face many trials and tribulations in our industry, from figuring out the most sustainable business model for independent media companies to facing the current COVID-19 pandemic decimating advertising revenues across the board.
We hope you consider making a contribution so we can continue to provide you with quality content that informs, educates and inspires the Asian community.
Even a $1 contribution goes a long way. Thank you for everyone’s support. We love you all and can’t appreciate you guys enough.