- Sandra Oh revealed a relatable tiger mom experience at a press conference for Disney Pixar’s “Turning Red.”
- Oh recounted that her mother had told her, “I wish you were neater. Then I would love you more.”
- The Canadian American actress says it was “an unbelievable quote” and that she “had to write it down on Post-it,” which she uploaded a photo of to her Instagram in May 2021.
- Oh also mentioned that she has a strong relationship with her mother.
- The coming-of-age Disney Pixar film stars Oh as the voice of 13-year-old Meilin Lee’s mother Ming Lee.
At a press conference for Disney Pixar’s new film “Turning Red,” actress Sandra Oh revealed that her mother had once told her that she would love her more if she “were neater.”
Oh explained that, at the time, what her mother had said was so “unbelievable” that she “had to write it down on a Post-it.” The Canadian American actress posted a photo of the note to her Instagram in May 2021.
According to her Instagram post’s caption, the quote was from sometime in 2015.
View this post on Instagram
Oh mentioned during the press conference that although her mother is characterized as a tiger mom, it’s not a label that she is afraid of, and she maintains a good relationship with her mom.
“I love my mum. And she’s a fierce, fierce person. Tiny. Tiny. But fierce,” Oh said.
The new coming-of-age film stars Oh as the voice of Ming Lee, the strict mother of 13-year-old Meilin Lee, who simultaneously navigates the tribulations of adolescence along with her mother’s expectations and some newfound supernatural abilities.
“Turning Red” premiered March 11 and is available to stream on Disney Plus.
Featured Image via Pixar Central