“The Chair” star Sandra Oh recently sat down with the viral all-girl punk band The Linda Lindas for a unique online interview, where she revealed she had cheated when practicing the piano when she was young.
The 50-year-old Korean Canadian “Killing Eve” star was ecstatic when she saw Bella, Mila, Lucia and Eloise on the other end of the video call, ET Canada
- The interview, which the band calls “This Interview Rocks,” coincides with the release of Oh’s Netflix series “The Chair,” which started streaming on Aug. 20.
- When asked if she ever played any instruments, Oh said she and her siblings were taught to play the piano. However, she noted that she didn’t want to, adding that she “hated practicing so much” that she would record herself playing the piano and “play the recording.” She added, “And my mom, who would be in the kitchen, would just think I was, like, practicing, and I would just play the recording.”
- As a child, Oh already knew she wanted to be an actress. “One of the ways that I have been extremely lucky is that I knew when I was your age that all I wanted to do was be an actor and that’s honestly all I have done,” she said.
- Oh noted “The Chair” as the most fun series or movies she had ever been on, describing the events that transpired behind the scenes as “bananas.”
- “It was so bananas trying to shoot, it was like, in the height of the pandemic,” she told the band. “Because it was in some ways so tough to shoot ‘The Chair,’ people would come up with crazy ideas, and we would just get on an energy flow and it would be a lot of fun, even though it was really hard.”
The official trailer for the series, released on July 22, featured The Linda Lindas’ single “Oh!