“Raya and the Last Dragon” voice actors Kelly Marie Tran and Awkwafina dish about family traditions, movie night snacks and thoughts on their new Disney movie in an exclusive interview.
Interview highlights: The movie’s themes of unity and trust are “universal,” according to Tran.
- Tran also stated that the movie “conveys how much food is a communal experience.”
- One of Tran’s favorite family traditions is cooking spring rolls together, while Awkwafina loves having dim sum with her family.
- Awkwafina revealed that one of her go-to movie night snacks is a pot of pasta.
About the movie: “Raya” features Tran as the heroic lead, while Awkwafina is the voice behind her dragon sidekick, Sisu.
- The animated movie features a warrior named Raya who must embark on a journey to find the last living dragon in order to save the world of Kumandra from evil monsters.
- “Raya” was released on Disney Plus in March and will be coming to Blu-ray, DVD and other platforms starting on May 18.